14.11.12

DIY TIE-DYE TIGHTS

After seeing a few tie-dye tight tutorials online and hearing that its super easy and inexpensive, I thought I would give it a try. These were the result and I love them! In this post I will show you how I did it!


Supplies:
Rit Dye (in which ever color you'd like, I chose navy blue)
White tights
Rubber Bands
Bucket
Gloves
Something to stir the dye (I used a plastic fork)


1. Bunch up your tights and secure them with rubber bands.
I did two pairs. One which was brand new and one that was old. The new pair took the dye better and came out way cuter.

2. Fill bucket about half way with boiling water. 
I boiled water in a kettle and then poured it into the bucket. I did everything outside just in case I made a mess and remember you're working with dye which is permanent so make sure you're wearing something you don't mind staining.

3. While wearing gloves, stir in your dye.

4. Add your tights 
Make sure you fully submerge them and continue to mix the dye for about 20 to 30 minutes. The longer they are in the dye the darker the color will be when they are done. I left mine in for about 25 minutes.


5. Rinse with cold water
I rinsed mine outside because we have ceramic sinks and bathtubs and the dye would stain them. 
At first a lot of dye will come out of the tights but that's ok, that's supposed to happen. Rinse until no more dye comes out and the water runs clear.


6. Hang to dry

Then you're all done!
They'll add the perfect amount of grunge to any outfit!

No comments:

Post a Comment